Cloud computing is much popular these days, QuickBooks Users are provided a unique tailored Cloud-Based Accounting software i.e. QuickBooks Online where users have the freedom to manage their books from anywhere. Before reading this article about QuickBooks Migration from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, create your QuickBooks Online account beforehand in order to sync data with QuickBooks desktop company file.
- Create QuickBooks Online Account/Company
- Go to QuickBooks Online Portal
- Select any of the subscriptions that suit your business
- At the sign-up page, you will be asked to create a new account or use an existing one, choose to create a new account option
- If you are an existing user, log in to your QuickBooks Online account and set up a company in QuickBooks Online.
Migrate from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks data services provide dedicated support for QuickBooks Migration via remote support. If you are using QuickBooks version older than 2016 then you need to get in touch with QuickBooks technical support team on +1800-807-1768. As the latest QuickBooks Online does not support company files of an old desktop version. Otherwise, follow the below mentioned steps to quickly convert your QuickBooks Desktop company file i.e. .qbw file into QuickBooks Online. These are working steps for QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier & Enterprise version.
Convert QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier to QuickBooks Online
Locate your company file in your desktop and click on it to open the file.
In Chart of Accounts, above on the menu bar, go to Company > Export QuickBooks Company File to QuickBooks Online Account, If your Export to QuickBooks Online option is not clickable then update your QuickBooks from Help window.
The update should take around 15-20 minutes depending upon your internet connectivity. If you get any errors while updating contact QuickBooks error support for further troubleshooting.
After clicking on QuickBooks Online Login window, sign in to your with your admin account.
If you use Inventories in QuickBooks desktop, the migration process will prompt for importing inventories into QuickBooks Online.
In the end, you will receive a confirmation email about the migration of your QuickBooks desktop company file to QuickBooks Online, this process could take up to 24-48 hours depending upon the file size.
QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Online Conversion
The company file size of QuickBooks Enterprise desktop is quite big due to which Intuit recommends not to switch from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Online. There are chances of data loss if you try to convert the company file.
In case, If you insist working on a cloud based portal, contact QuickBooks support +1800-807-1768 for Cloud Hosting for QuickBooks Enterprise.
Things to keep in mind before converting the QuickBooks Desktop Company File
- Your QuickBooks must be updated to the latest release
- You must be logged on QuickBooks accounts as an admin user
- After 60 days of sign up, you won’t be able to synchronize the desktop company file in QuickBooks Online version
- If You have an active QuickBooks Payroll subscription, do not try to convert your file. Contact QuickBooks assistance for help
- QuickBooks Simple Start & QuickBooks Essential does not allow inventories to be exported, if you are using Inventories then you should go for QuickBooks Online Plus
QuickBooks Migration Support by QuickBooks Desktop Experts
Get in touch with round the clock available QuickBooks Data Services for migration help. Contact QuickBooks support on +1800-807-1768 for fast & reliable QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online conversion.